Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Who says Bribery isn't healthy?

Two weeks ago, Lonnie and I went to a Home and Family Conference at BYU-I. In one of the classes we took, the teacher talked about not bribing our children. Well, I'm sure he had good reasons for that and scientific data to prove it but . . . McKayla has been doing awesome at going pee in the potty but poops her pants everyday. So, this morning we went to the Dollar Store and bought 5 new toys that she could only have when she went poop in the potty. Well, not less than 15 minutes ago she looked like she needed to go. I reminded her that she'd get a toy if she went in the potty. She thought about it, walked over to her chair and went #2. She was so excited to pick a toy . . . she chose her princess pom-poms. She has been running around the house playing with them ever since. I love bribery.

3 comments:

The Dahle Family said...

Jill-
Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog!! I appreciate your words of love and sympathy and your PRAYERS! It was neat to read your name and remember the great times we had serving together! Love ya lots!

--Monette

Corrine said...

i say there is always a place for bribery!!

joshnmaddiesmum said...

Good work momma! I love bribery - it gets the job done. For the most part, whatever works :)