Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Poop

So, my kids love to take all the books off of the bookshelf and look at the pictures. It's not my favorite to clean it up afterward but at least they're having fun. Well, today they pulled everything out and were sitting quietly playing together on a pile of books. I was just about to take advantage of the quiet to make lunch when I realized that McKayla and Beckham were laughing hysterically. I walked into the room to check on them and found that McKayla was painting Beckham's face like an Indian . . . with poop from her diaper. There were big globs hanging from his forehead,nose and chin. There was a big smear on the rocking chair and their clothes were covered. The books were equally defiled. YUCK! I hurried to get them into the bathroom for a bath when I saw Beckham put a fingerfull in his mouth. I nearly puked. I spent the next little while bathing the kids, scrubbing the chair cushion, doing laundry and putting all the books away after scrubbing off any lingering poo. Ewww.

7 comments:

Scott & Jess said...

LOL that is so gross!! I am so glad that has happened to me yet...I seriously think I would have thrown up! Oh my gosh I can't stop laughing! Lets hope she doesn't ever try that again...Poor Beckham!

Anonymous said...

Jaw-droppingly disgusting!!! I'm really glad she didn't do that yesterday when we were there... wow! The bright side, is that they were having fun, gross fun, but fun :)

CarrieAnne said...

I am so sorry Jilly, I am sure you were not a happy mommy at that point. That is gross. Really gross. I am glad you didn't take pictures! :)

joshnmaddiesmum said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood! I feel for you Jilly! We've had plenty of messes in our house (lotion was the worst, baby powder), but nothing to the likes of poop - not yet, anyway. Hope you have a better day today! Miss you.

Amber Madsen said...

Oh I am so SORRY! The worst thing to clean up is POOP smeared across something. Totally DISGUSTING!!!

Jen said...

Oh Jilly Bean!!!! That is so gross, sad and yet funny all at the same time. Branson once ate poop that Kayson had forgotten to flush. THINKING about it makes me want to vomit. On another note, the picture of you after your "snow run" in the parking lot...I am DYING!!!!! Your cheeks are flushed and they look SO GOOD!!!!! Find the blush that matches that color and wear it like it's going out of STYLE!!!!! Beautiful =).

Corrine said...

That is GROSS!! all i can say is yuck... thanks for the post... :p