Saturday, January 31, 2009

Jill's 25 Random Things

So, there's this thing going around Facebook called "25 Random Things About Me" and it was actually pretty fun to type up so I thought I'd share.

1 - The most beautiful thing I have ever seen was a fenced off garden in the middle of a very scary neighborhood in Russia.
2 - I love cookies.
3 - My middle name is Suzanne just like my Grandma and just about every other first born daughter in my family.
4 - St. Patrick's Day is a very important holiday in my house . . . who'd of thought with a last name like McGill.
5 - Sometimes people ask me if I ever realized that my name rhymes . . . hmm, I guessed I missed that one.
6 - My husband has enough Samoan blood to claim that he is a Pacific Islander but he is tall, thin and has blue eyes and blonde hair. Go figure?
7 - I am proud of myself for the time I spent working for JP Morgan Chase. That job seemed to validate all the time I put into my education even though I studied linguistics and not finance or business.
8 - My all time favorite movie is My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I watched it so many times that one day my husband came home with some chic flicks just so I'd have some other options. I still watch my favorite the majority of the time.
9 - I really don't like lima beans.
10 - My first kiss was like something you read in a fairytale . . . Perfect!
11 - One of my dreams in life is to go on a cruise.
12 - I love waterskiing and iceskating.
12 (again!) - As a kid I had horrible nightmares. I also thought that there were monsters under my bed. The only way I could go to sleep was to imagine that the monsters would eat my sister first because she was on the bottom bunk. Sorry Carrie.
13 - I am a bit "Monkish". Translation - everything I do is organized.
14 - I play the violin and I used to be pretty good, but it terrifies me to play in public. Ironically, I love singing and speaking in public.
15 - I've always been afraid of making mistakes. Sometimes I was so afraid that I didn't seek out my dreams.
16 - I'm a great cook.
17 - My mom is my best friend.
18 - I love floral design . . . especially weddings. I really miss that creative outlet.
19 - I am amazed at how difficult it is to be a good mom. It takes everything I have to give and then some.
20 - I had a lamb in 4H and sold it at the fair to buy a 10 speed when I was 10.
21 - I have always wanted to go to beauty school and intend on going some day.
22 - I learned to feel and be confident in my own skin around age 25.
23 - I can't believe I'm almost 30 and I feel excited for what the next 10 years have to offer.
24 - I love and appreciate all of my siblings and my parents. I think that is very rare.
25 - Don't make me laugh too hard or you might get a puddle on the floor!

1 comment:

Ben and Alissa said...

I love both of your lists! Very cute and it's fun to know interesting things about you. Some of my favorites: Jill's 5, 12 (the 2nd one), 19 (I hear you there and I just have one little baby!), and 25. Lonnie's 3, 5 (really? hehe), 15 (so cute!), and 20.