Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2009

Well, this is my first official post of the New Year. I'm not keeping up very well. Actually, I am just starting to feel like my life is getting back in order after the last 6 months of bouncing from place to place. We have gotten rid of a lot of excess stuff and as a result actually fit in our apartment. I guess less really is more. I think the kids are starting to feel at home here as well. They are both sleeping better and that is a blessing better than all the money in the world. Lonnie is studying like crazy and working for one of his professors. I am babysitting in the afternoon in my own apartment to earn a little extra cash. I much prefer this to working at the gym. It's nice to get my laundry done and fix dinner while playing with a few extra kids. I don't feel so stressed out babysitting like I did at the gym. McKayla will be starting preschool next week and she is very excited . . . so am I! Beckham is his happy-go-lucky self, but I can sense he is quickly changing. He is discovering his agency and doesn't always listen to mommy any more. For example, he thinks it's fun to eat things out of the garbage and hide McKayla's binki. They make each other laugh constantly . . . especially at the dinner table while throwing food on the floor. I could give the karate kid a run for his money with my washcloth and my wax on and wax off cleaning up the mess. Oh, well. Gotta run for now. More to come soon!

2 comments:

Ben and Alissa said...

Hey! I know you sent Ben your blog address a while back but I wasn't really reading a bunch of blogs back then. But I am now and am glad that I found yours again (It was because Megan commented on our blog). So you're added to our reader and we'll be keeping up with your goings on! Very cute family!

Corrine said...

YAY for updates!! :)