Sunday, May 3, 2009

Birthdays Galore

I am finally getting to McKayla's 3rd birthday and my 30th! We celebrated on the 15th by going to Red Robin for a free lunch thanks to the birthday club. Yum! McKayla shared with Beckham and my meal was free so we only had to pay for Lonnie!


McKayla and Lonnie at Red Robin.

Momma and Beckham.



Then that night Lonnie and the kids had a dance party where they all put on hats. It was really cute because Beckham fell in love with wearing hats. They tried on cowboy hats, fisherman hats and baseball hats while dancing around like crazies!


Beckham in daddy's baseball cap.

McKayla still loves her cowgirl hat.


Daddy and his kiddos.


Then we had the real birthday bash on the 17th at a place called Blast Off in Idaho Falls. It was kinda like Chuck E. Cheese and we celebrated with our friends the Johnsons. The kids had a lot of fun playing on the giant jungle gym playground thingys, trying on costumes, playing in the arcade, eating pizza, opening presents and eating cake. Although not my number one pick for celebrating my birthday, it was a fun day. The kids had a great time.
McKayla in the ball pit.

Beckham checking out the playground.

Beckham loves Elmo and he didn't want to take this costume off.

Riding on the Tonka Truck. I think they rode this thing at least 10 times.

Beckham really loved McKayla's birthday cake.

This year we decided not to spend a lot of money on gifts and were pleased to find out that McKayla was still happy. This is her new bubble bath.

Look at the anticipation on her face as she watches Lonnie help her unwrap a princess cell phone!

Lonnie and I went to Olive Garden for my birthday the following day so I got a little celebration of my own. Yum. For those of you who are wondering, it feels great to be 30. I was actually kind of excited about this birthday for some reason. Lonnie keeps teasing me about getting older but I think he's just jealous. I think he's trying to catch up to me but some things are so great you'll just never catch up!









4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! 30 IS great!!! I'm glad you had fun.

Ben and Alissa said...

Happy Birthday to you both! Looks like you had fun!

Amber Madsen said...

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU! Can you really believe it's been 3 YEARS since we had our little angels together! What great memories we shared and will always share with our kids to close together!

carroll family said...

Jill, thanks for contacting me about Sis. Arnold. I have not been blogging very well lately. My email address is keldonamy@ca.rr.com. If you could forward that to Sis. Arnold, that would be great. I wrote her an email a while back, and didn't get a response from her. I guess i'm out of the loop ;) Thanks! Amy