Monday, April 27, 2009

Thursday, April 23, 2009

So, I haven't been keeping up with my personal journal very well and I'm trying to back track and catch up a bit. Here is something I just wrote from a few days ago that I thought might give you all a laugh at my expense. The only compensation (and the main reason I'm sharing this) is that I know all of you have had days and moments like this!

Thursday, April 23, 2009
Today was awful. McKayla woke up with a fever and didn’t sleep well last night. I canceled my VT appointment and decided to take her into the doctor instead of to pre-school but . . . we had a flat tire. So, I had to get a tow truck and get our van over to Les Schwab. The crazy thing is that it only cost $12.50 to fix and there wasn’t a nail or anything. It was just leaking air. The receptionist said that there might have been some dirt that was holding the tire open and allowing a leak. Well, after that I took McKayla over to the doctor. I told him I thought she might have a UTI since she’s been refusing to go pee, so he asked her to leave a urine sample. I used all my mommy magic to convince her to go but she refused to potty. Unfortunately, I really had to go and just as I sat down McKayla lunged to open the door. I darted off the potty to stop her but couldn’t stop the flow of pee . . . I am pregnant. So, I proceeded to pee all over the floor. Mortified is the only word I can think of to describe that. I cleaned it up with paper towels but I still had to tell another adult what I had done. Ugh. Thankfully the doctor was very understanding . . . he can just add it to his list of crazy things that have happened at work.

2 comments:

joshnmaddiesmum said...

Oh deary! I feel for you. Trust ME, I have definitely had those days. I'll have to tell you about when I met up with Dawnell with Josh and Ethan in tow for lunch. Just chalk that up to a mommy day. I hope that this week finds you better and you'll have some good days! Take care and I'm thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA, love it!