Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday

So, I blog on Sundays because I think I have more time on Sundays. I'm not really sure that's true but so far it's working out. This week I finished weaning Beckham. He had his last feeding Wednesday night. Thursday night Lonnie put him to bed for me while I was out. Lonnie said he kept looking around the room for me but eventually gave up and went to sleep. The hardest night for us was Friday. He threw a big fit going to bed, and I felt sick to my stomach that I was the cause of all his frustration. Thankfully, I didn't give in to the temptation to save him from his agony with a little sip of milk. He cried a little while longer and then it happened - he went to sleep! It feels great to have my body and my wardrobe back. No more lifting up my shirt day and night. No more outfit restrictions due to lack of access to the motherly goods. Freedom never felt so good. Beckham has taken to the formula remarkably well. There were a few days he didn't drink too much but each day gets better and better.

Lonnie is a wonderful husband and father. On Thursday night he volunteered to watch the kids and put them to sleep so that I could go to a class all about digital scrapbooking and blogging. What more can a wife ask for? The class I went to was very interesting and there are two more coming up. I can't say I know any knew tricks because that would require me to go to our teacher's blog and do some reading. However, I thought I would post her blog for anyone who's interested in doing a little reading. My teacher's name is Ann Kerr and she just taught a class at BYU Education Week. She knows her stuff. www.digitalhotspot.blogspot.com

Here are a few more pics just for fun. Until next Sunday . . .

9-24-08 I love your bubble 'do!

9-26-08 Lonnie's 28th Birthday Poster. Pretty clever if I do say so myself!


9-27-08 We went to a huge birthday party and while the birthday boy opened his gifts, Beckham explored the bounce house and had a blast.


9-28-08 Don't worry Beckham . . . some day you'll be as cool as me.


10-5-08 Beckham loves to crawl!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Your family is adorable! You are such an amazing Mommy! Kind of hard to picture us back in the good ol' days of Russia!

Corrine said...

yay... i am glad you are going to those blogging/ digital scrapbooking classes. when you get back i can show you how to put your d-scrap into a book... I am really excited to read your teachers blog. Miss you tons!! I love reading your updates!!

Anonymous said...

he is starting to look more and more like McKayla!

CarrieAnne said...

Glad you got your wardrobe back. You probably saw but the job we had in Stavanger got canceled so no phone call. I am sorry, I was really hoping to talk to you. I miss you Jilly.

Chari said...

I totally remember the relief of finally being done nursing! It was always a mixed bag for me, I have a hard time letting go, but once I do...freedom! Your kids are so cute and love reading what you are up to!